Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Hi to all those reading!

Can anyone point me in the right direction of where i can find an thai interpreter? preferebly based in west london.

We need an interepter to attend the registry office when we give the notice to marry (end of Feb), and possibly when we marry two weeks after that (mid March).

Rookie มือใหม่

Hi to all those reading!

Can anyone point me in the right direction of where i can find an thai interpreter? preferebly based in west london.

We need an interepter to attend the registry office when we give the notice to marry (end of Feb), and possibly when we marry two weeks after that (mid March).

Forum Antiquity ของโบราณ dan&ploy's Avatar

Ploy and I married in a registry office and we didn't use an interpreter, we just spent a little time practicing her vows. In fact the practice that was most needed was the officer pronouncing Ploy's Thai name.

I wrote our own vows as I felt they had greater meaning for us, but Ploy now denies saying 'I promise to give you all my worldly goods and all those of my friends, to respond positively to every whim and demand you should ask of me, to satisfy you in any way you wish or desire, to allow, as I get older, and without complaint, a minimum of three twenty year old Vietnamese maids to share our bed, and to make you Yum Moo Yaw whenever you demand it', so it doesn't really matter if she doesn't understand the vows at the time.

Member สมาชิก

Medway Council Rochester got me an interpreter for my notice to marry in Maidstone and the same lady for our wedding in Dartford she came from somewhere in south London, send me a PM and I will send you some numbers.
    Wayne & Al-rathai

Old Hand มือเก่า

We were told we needed an interpreter for our wedding ceremony. We asked a friend who is a waiter at a local Thai restaurant.
    Rob ร็อบ

One of my friends got married at a registry office and announced on the morning he wanted me to be best man. Part way through the ceremony I was also asked to be the interpreter by the Registrar You don't need someone "official"

Rookie มือใหม่

My fiance's cousin got married at the same registry office last year and an interpreter was needed. I know it can be a friend or a family member but she told us they ask quite a few questions when you go to give the notice (about me to make sure its not a sham) and she's not sure she would be able to translate everything.

The only other thai we know lives in Nottingham.

Blog Entries

The reason for this is the law requires the Registrar to be completely satisfied that both parties understand fully what is being said and done. If the Registrar is not satisfied this is the case, then the marriage will not take place.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Originally posted by Tobias:
    The reason for this is the law requires the Registrar to be completely satisfied that both parties understand fully what is being said and done. If the Registrar is not satisfied this is the case, then the marriage will not take place.
    Yeah, I agree with that, if only the interpreters could be trusted......
    'Tis me