Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Hi all, I am in the process of completing the VAF1 VV form, and I would like a bit of advice on a few questions:

Part 6 Vistor, question 6.1.4 'If you are not a national of the country in which you are applying, what permission do you have to stay in that country?' Does this mean if she is not a national of THAILAND? or the UK? if it means the UK, she is obviously NOT a national what does she put there?, what permission does she have?

Part 6.2 Tourist

6.2.1 'What will you do in uk'? is 'visit boyfriend' an acceptable answer?

6.10 Finances and Employment

6.10.17 'If someone other than yourself is paying for all or any part of this visit, how much money will they give you?'

What is an acceptable figure to put here?

6.10.18 'What is the cost to you personally, of your stay in the UK'

What would be an acceptable figure to put here?

Also if she requests a 6 month visa duration, is it ok for her to only put 3 months down as her travel dates to the UK? I would like her to travel on the 29th May and stay until the 29 August, would this be ok to fill these dates in on the form?

How much information should she fill in on the Part 7 'Additional information'

Thanks for reading this post and any help will be very much appreciated.

Banned

6.1.4 What country is she in now? That is the country she is applying in. Is she a national of that country? If not, what is her immigration status there?(The UK is the country she is applying to.)

6.2.1 I'd put a little bit more. E.g. "Visit my boyfriend and meet and get to know his family. Also seeing how I like the UK."

6.10.17 Whatever is the truth. Does she have her own money, or will you be giving her an allowance? Whatever figure you put you will need to show via pay slips and bank statements that this money is available.

6.10.18 Again, the truth. Is she contributing at all to the cost of her visit? If so you will need to produce evidence that she has the funds. If not, that's fine as long as you have the funds to cover the cost of the visit. This money can come from your income, savings or both. Provide evidence as above.

The standard minimum length of a visit visa is 6 months, so unless there are exceptional circumstances that's what she'll be given. However, you should put the actual dates of the visit where appropriate.

Part 7 Anything that is relevent and not covered by the form or your sponsor's letter. On my sister-in-law's recent application we put "See sponsor's letter" in this box. (She arived yesterday, btw.)

Member สมาชิก

Thanks Noi & Nick for the reply.

My girlfriend currently has a job and will get a letter to say she is free to leave and possibly return after she has had her holiday in the UK with me.

Is it best to put the duration of stay as 3 months on the application? i.e: On what date do you want to travel: 29th May 2009, what date will you leave the UK: 29 August 2009.

Will this matter in the application that she is not stating a full 6 month duration?

I would expect them to look at the application more favourably if you put just 3 months down. It's usually best to be truthful with visa applications. Also, it's only a visit visa and 3 months is plenty of time to meet the family, see the sights, etc. Sometimes they reject applications if you ask for the full 6 months as they can think that it is too long. A friend of mine has had this experience. If she does get the visa and you have said that she is staying for 3 months then it is best for her to only stay for the 3 months (even though she will be granted a 6 month visa). The same friend got a 6 month visa after saying his girlfriend was staying 2 months, she then stayed 6 months. They gave this as a reason for refusing a subsequent visa!

Banned

A standard visit visa is for 6 months. Asking for a shorter period will not have an adverse effect on the application. You should put the length of stay you actually plan. However bear in mind that if you are relying on her job as a reason to return the ECO will have doubts that it will be kept open for her that long.

As Dan and Cherry says, staying longer than stated may have an effect on future applications, especially if she has said she has to return after a specific time for her job.

However each application is treated on it's own merits so it all depends on circumstances and the reasons for staying longer than originally stated.

Member สมาชิก

Do I have to show the flight booking details along with the application?

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

The official advice is NOT to book a flight before the visa has been granted, so no you do not have to supply flight details.
    Lucky

Member สมาชิก

Thanks Lucky for your reply, will the fact I have only known my girlfriend 15 months count against me?

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

15 months should be more than adequate provided you have proof of contact over this period.
    One point I will stress is to make sure she is fully briefed on anything you put in your sponsors letter.
    Good luck
    Lucky

Member สมาชิก

Another quick one Lucky, is it necessary for her to show a certain amount of money in her bank account?

Thanks for the advice, she is familiar with what I have added in my sponsors letter

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

There is no set amount she needs to show. Basically as long as you show that you can support adequately during her visit then the criteria is met. Please do not make the common mistake of a one off top up to her account to make it look good.

You appear to meet all the basic criteria, the one imponderable is the 'reason to return'. Answer 6.2 as Nick says above, plus you can add "you would not wish to jeopardise any future applications by overstaying"
    Lucky