Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi there i wonder if anyone can help me.I would like to take some clothes over for my tg when i go over next.The size she has give me is 29-24-33 140cm tall and size small.Any one can give me the UK size please.swiney

Hi swiney

Your tg size are

29 is for the chest i think about cup a30 (may be smaller),
    24 is for the waist size is 4-6 ( i am 25 i wear size 6),
    33 is for the hip
    140 tall she shorter then me 5 cm not quite sure how long
    her legs is, my jeans have to cut for 27-28 length.

hope you can find that size, myself sometimes have to buy
    kid 13 years old size to wear, also shoes is not easy for
    me too my feet size 2 and half,

goodluck
    ชีวิตมีอะไรตั้งเยอะแยะ มีเกิด แก่ เจ็บ ตาย คล้ายๆกัน...

Originally posted by swiney:
    Hi there i wonder if anyone can help me.I would like to take some clothes over for my tg when i go over next.The size she has give me is 29-24-33 140cm tall and size small.Any one can give me the UK size please.swiney
    Has your girlfriend asked you to do this or is it a nice gesture on your part?

Buying clothes for a female has always terrified me.

If she hasn't specifically made the request, sending some flowers just before you go and offering a shopping trip when you arrive may be a better option.

Clothes are much cheaper in Thailand and fit Thais better. As Thad suggests, think of something else and take her shopping when you get to Thailand.
    Mark
    ควาย

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

Wise words...Take her shopping instead

Nick

Banned

Indeed, choosing clothes for a woman is always fraught with danger!

BTW, shortly before our last visit to LOS Noi's younger brother became a father for the first time. We thought it would be nice to give him and his wife some clothes for the baby, and dressing the child in English baby clothes would look good for them. So we went shopping and chose some suitable outfits.

Before gift wrapping them, I spent a tedious half hour removing the "Made in Thailand" labels!

//self edit/ content deleted.

Nothing wrong with it if you read it as I meant it, but could be misconstrued.

And I don't want to give the OP the wrong impression about anything.

If this is an early re-meet, you feel the need to do something..... do it the right way, land on time, take her shopping, have a nice meal ..... and then take it from there.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ Tony & Apple's Avatar

just stay out of the emporium your credit card will take a right beating

central world sounds good
    แอนโธนี่

Thanks all for your input here.I am spending xmas with my tg over in thailand and i wanted some nice presents on xmas day.I have got here some perfume and things like that but some cloths would be nice also.She has not asked for any cloths or ant thing else.Many thanks Swiney

Member สมาชิก

Your wife should be size 6 with 'Petite' (for 5ft 3 and smaller) which choices are quite limited. Alternatively, you can have a look in kids/teenage department which your wife will fit in 13 yrs's clothes.

Originally posted by swiney:
    Thanks all for your input here.I am spending xmas with my tg over in thailand and i wanted some nice presents on xmas day.I have got here some perfume and things like that but some cloths would be nice also.She has not asked for any cloths or ant thing else.Many thanks Swiney
    So, as she didn't request clothes, they would probably be a bad idea..... like buying socks for an Uncle.

Get her something that she may never see, Thorntons Chocolates, a glass globe that does the snow thing when you shake it, A CD of Bing Crosby featuring 'White Christmas' a Rudolf statuette, a Wizard poster with the band (one man) in full regalia wishing it could be Christmas every day, a one year supply of skin whitening cream, a turkey (she won't have seen one of those)

Of course, none of the above apply if you girlfriend is a Buddhist.

Please try to integrate into the local customs, Christmas here means nothing (apart from an excuse to open another bottle of Lao Khao)

And please understand this... if you turn up at Christmas, weighed down with presents, don't be upset if nobody says 'thank you' .... including your girlfriend..... that's just the way it is around here.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Swiney,
    Travel light, give her the money (£200.00 kidding)instead, or do as Prioritypress says, take her shopping as its much cheaper in Thailand, and as I have found out, I always buy the wrong things, but they seem to like the english pretty bra's and panties, not that you will see them
    Have been teaching the Wife and Daughter to say thank you, do not let go of the gift until a thank you is received.
    We are not having Turkey this Christmas as Turkey ugly, yet Snake ok, funny these Thai people, Im'e going with the flow, it's easier, Snake and Pygmy pie for Christmas dinner.
    (never ever steal! the government hates the competition.)

Member สมาชิก

sorry your tg, not your wife. Christmas means nothing for most of Thai but we do exchange presents on New Year.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I have found it not to be true, have you seen Bangkok at Christmas it's beautiful with all the lights etc.
    My wife has about ten Thai friends and all give little gifts to each others children, but her family in Thailand only give gifts at new year and birthdays as you say.
    Baitoong, Tg's and Wives all wear underwear, being a female you tell him lady Thai's love English underwear or is it only my wife?
    (never ever steal! the government hates the competition.)

Member สมาชิก

oldoldgit,

I don't see much different between Thai-English lingerie apart from the higher price and the bigger size in the UK. However, IMO, it is easier to buy bras than buying other clothes for girls, if you know the size she normally wear. BUT BUT BUT ...It's problably not easy in swiney's case as his lady is quite small. 29" bust should be 28AA size for bra (from Marks&Spencer website).

If you really want to buy clothes for your tg, swiney, there are many English brandname's online shopping websites that she can has a look and choose the one she likes.

Old Hand มือเก่า

She would really appreciate some face creams and body lotions.

Tik took loads back with her in September, saying they sell it in LOS but its not good quality like the UK.

You could try Savers and Tesco, they are always selling BOGOF?
    Cheers/Kob Khun, Ron-Tik.

At the risk of stealing the post, I had the little lady over last summer, she turned up without clothing suitable for our changable climate. She did not care for the girly boutiques on Oxford St and found other shops had an almost insulting attitude. Trying to find adult clothing in child sizes almost humiliating. Strangley we found a few suitable items in farm suppliers in the west country.

Member สมาชิก

Sorry for hijacking another post!

But which of the High St stores has the best selection of size 6 or XS clothing! Not sure if i can handle much more walking! I covered some serious mileage at the W/E!

Originally posted by Phet maak ma:
    Sorry for hijacking another post!

But which of the High St stores has the best selection of size 6 or XS clothing! Not sure if i can handle much more walking! I covered some serious mileage at the W/E!
    Mothercare!

Sorry, completely unhelpful I know, but couldn't resist it.

My wife loves the shops here, she is XL in LOS and stocked up on shorts and those mid length trousers here before she headed home. Funny how things work in reverse, isn't it?

Might be easier if your wife asked this question on the Thai language section, which in reality, is a bit of a Thai ladies club.

It might stop them thinking and posting about food for once!

Food and shopping, eh!!!
    'Tis me

Member สมาชิก

You can find size 6 clothes at Dorothy Perkins, Pineapple, Principles,Debenhams petite collection, Next, Top Shop, FCUK and many more.

If you are tired of shopping, why don't shop online.