Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Hi there everyone,

My thai wife (who has just got her citizenship yeah!) has a 25 year old sister and an 11 year old sister living in Thailand, and they want to visit us.

I'm trying to fill out the VAF1B form for the little sister, and I am confused what I should put in some sections. I really hope someone can clarify as follows...

1. Is VAF1B the right form? (Not sure if any point using the online app, as you still need to go to the centre with supporting docs etc.)
    2. Part 5: Finances and employment - what should I put in this section, if anything? Should I put her fathers details for all of part 5? Seems confusing and no real guidance notes about this.
    3. Any advise on supporting documents she could use?

Has anyone applied for a similar visa before? Just not sure is it more difficult for child relative to get a visit visa, as the older sister already got a visit visa last year with no problems...

Thanks

Banned

Yes, VAF1B is the right form. Completing it online means that you can make an appointment with the VAC to hand in supporting docs etc., which may save a wait if they are busy.

Part 5. Presumably she is a school student? Then tick the 'student' box for 5.1. and fill in her school details in the box. Then answer 5.2 and if the answer is 'none' then, as the form says, go to 5.9. 5.10 - 5.14 is presumably 'none' for each, and the rest is straightforward.

As well as documents showing that she will be financially supported and adequately accommodated in the UK you will also need a letter of consent to the trip from her parent(s) or legal guardian. A letter from her school confirming her attendance and when she is due back will also help. Plus the other documents on the checklist.

See VAT3 Special Visitor: Child visitors for more details.

Rookie มือใหม่

Thanks for that Nick.

Although I'm still a bit confused about section 5, as on the form the heading of section 5 says:
    "To be completed by all applicants - Dependant children should enter parents' details"

Although this was not mentioned in the guidance notes.

I had initially read Student as meaning university student - but I guess it could mean school student also.

Banned

Originally posted by james&tip:
    Although I'm still a bit confused about section 5, as on the form the heading of section 5 says:
    "To be completed by all applicants - Dependant children should enter parents' details"
    Many apologies, I have to admit that I missed that bit!

I, too, am now confused. Do they mean if the child is travelling with his/her parent(s)? Or do they mean all children, whether the parent(s) are travelling too or not?

Hopefully somone more knowledgable than I will respond.

Meanwhile you could try e-mailing the VAC (info@ukvac-th.com) and see what they say.

Rookie มือใหม่

Has anyone else got some ideas what children are supposed to fill out in this section?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Rookie มือใหม่

I have decided I am going to fill out section 5 with the girl's Father's employment details and finances.
    Seems a bit wierd, but thats what it says on the heading, so thats what I'll do and hope its ok.

Rookie มือใหม่

Part 5 of the form is confusing, but we're going through similar exercise for my wife's 11 year old niece right now. We decided to phone VFS in Bangkok for greater clarity (though we know from experience their advice is not 100% reliable!).

They confirmed form VAF1B was correct. Info they gave us was as follows:
    5.1 Mark box for student and write school details in the box.
    5.2 Write "Student"
    They said we could leave boxes 5.5 to 5.8 blank.
    Then in the Income and expenditure section they said we did not have to give the parents' income details here in 5.10 but fill it in as if from my wife's niece herself, so we could leave 5.10 - 5.14 blank (unless there was something relevant re income in 5.11 or 5.12.)

This info is all based on us here in the UK paying for all expenses related to the trip, so we had to provide our financial details and not our niece's parent's details.

I know this info contradicts the "TO BE COMPLETED BY ALL APPLICANTS - dependent children should enter parents' details" heading in Part 5, but the application form just hasn't been thought through properly here.

Application was made yesterday and they said we would find out if okay within next 5 days or so.

I'm also confused with what visa application form I should use to bring my wifes 4 year old to UK, my wife still has not got ILR so I assume her daughter wil only get a visa to run to finish date of current visa? also in the section regarding fathers details, do I enter thai father details or my own as step father?