Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

living in the south east, we don't have many thai shops around us unless we fancy a trip to london.Are there any thai grocery stores that do a delivery service?
    cheers

living in the south east, we don't have many thai shops around us unless we fancy a trip to london.Are there any thai grocery stores that do a delivery service?
    cheers

Hi

We have used http://www.thai4uk.com/ a couple of times. Service is good and there are one or two offers if you buy in bulk. Postage & packing charges have to be taken into account, so best to buy as much as you can in ne go rather than buy small quantities regularly.

Hope this helps

Member สมาชิก

We use them too.
    There fresh Vegetables are very good.
    All the best
    Toi & Ian

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

Originally posted by Zim:
    cheers
    Whereabouts?

The Wing Yip in Croydon is excellent. There's also a small Wing Tai in Crown Hill Croydon which stocks Chinese/Thai food.

Nick

Postage & packing charges have to be taken into account, so best to buy as much as you can in ne go rather than buy small quantities regularly.
    Not necessarily... They charge £4.50 for standard delivery for up to 20 kilos. You'll soon pay that if you're travelling any distance and have to pay car parking as well.
    For example I found myself in Nottingham today,but if I'd travelled specifically to Hansons,it would have cost £4.49 (36 miles plus 70p car parking).
    Of which,I would no longer recommend Hansons for thai produce. Previously they had a very good selection of lobo sauces,mae ploy pastes,chilli sauces and some indonesian/phillipines stuff. Today they only have 3 types of lobo sauce mixes (not the ones I use ),no fish sauce,no sambal oelek,only green curry paste and Chang beer was £1.25 a small bottle.

Member สมาชิก

Id rather be collecting my groceries in Thailand.

Member สมาชิก

Zim
    There's a shop in Dartford lowfield street that stocks Thai products he also has a big book with Thai products in it which he can get hold of my wife is always in there, also we use see woo in Charlton and there's a place in Gravesend which stock lot's of Thai product's in Peacock street.
    Hope this helps.
    Wayne & Al

yes we have used thai4uk a few times and found them to be ok

luckily we have a few decent asian supermarkets around the middlesbrough area, so its quite good for food supplies.