Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

I have doen a search but doesn't seem to be anything conclusive
    Are specific flight bookings needed to obtain a Schengen Visa?
    There were sugesstions on here that as the Wife of an EU Citizen that specific travl arrangements are not required
    Does anyone have experience with this?

I would like to get a visa Spain and then be able to book something last miniute.
    My Mum is ill at the moment so I dont want to make plans too far in advance.

My wife holds ILR if this is relevant.

I e-mailed the Spanish Consultae in Manchester and this was the reply

"After we receive the approval from the Schengen authorities, in order to be able to issue the visa, we will request the travel arrangements. You could provide them, up to a week prior your journey if needed"
    ."
    Im not too sure what they are saying and at what stage they want the flights booked

Member สมาชิก

I have doen a search but doesn't seem to be anything conclusive
    Are specific flight bookings needed to obtain a Schengen Visa?
    There were sugesstions on here that as the Wife of an EU Citizen that specific travl arrangements are not required
    Does anyone have experience with this?

I would like to get a visa Spain and then be able to book something last miniute.
    My Mum is ill at the moment so I dont want to make plans too far in advance.

My wife holds ILR if this is relevant.

I e-mailed the Spanish Consultae in Manchester and this was the reply

"After we receive the approval from the Schengen authorities, in order to be able to issue the visa, we will request the travel arrangements. You could provide them, up to a week prior your journey if needed"
    ."
    Im not too sure what they are saying and at what stage they want the flights booked

If you download a copy of the schengen visa form (they are the same for all countrys) there are some questions marked with an asterisk * these questions do not need to be answerd by the wife of an eu member, so the answer to your question is NO you do not need to show any travel plans.
    dont judge me by my past, I dont live there anymore.

David & Aree

Old Hand มือเก่า

I would recommend you apply with the French embassy. The Spanish do not seem to stick to the rules and ask for more info than is needed.

I would go along with this.

The sections on the form with asterisks do not necessarily need to be completed and the French abide by this and issue the visa anyway.
    I have applied to the French embassy and we have travelled to Spain on the first use.
    Hope this helps.

Member สมาชิก

To be honest I dont really have any intention of traveling to Frane. I also live in Manchester so getting down to London to the French embassy is not a good option. It is intersting that they dont all follow the rules that they should. Particularly as it is nly on a technicality that the spouce of EU citizens require schengen visa's anyway,

Member สมาชิก

Just noticed that there is a French consulate in Manchester
    Might be an option if they are more accomodating.

If we went to Spain for say a week and then France for only two days at a later date would there be any repercussions.

Has anyone done similar to this.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Applied for Su's Schengen visa through French Embassey........ for our first 2 trips to Spain no problemo BUT tried a third time and had to send proof of travel, So we just brought a couple of Ryan air tickets which cost about a tenner each to France and never used them.... worked out a lot cheaper than both of us having to take time off work and having to travel to the Spanish Embassey etc
    Sy n Su