Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Can anyone help please,

My Thai G/f will be travelling to U.K. later this year on a visitor visa, whilst she is here I would like for her to learn more english at her own leisure probably whilst she is at home and I am at work. I would like to know if there is a decent book or dvd we can get to help her learn. I am internet restricted to use at work only at the moment so internet sites is out of the question i'm afraid.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Can anyone help please,

My Thai G/f will be travelling to U.K. later this year on a visitor visa, whilst she is here I would like for her to learn more english at her own leisure probably whilst she is at home and I am at work. I would like to know if there is a decent book or dvd we can get to help her learn. I am internet restricted to use at work only at the moment so internet sites is out of the question i'm afraid.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

I would have thought it would be better for her to go to a nearby college for a couple of days a week.

A thai girl I know locally did as much when she came over to visit her boyfriend for the first time. She said it helped her to be "independent" and not reliant on her boyfriend 24-7.

That way she learnt more, made some friends and didn't get so bored!

Simple thing's like getting on buses will help her to become more self-reliant. Especially, if your gf's English isn't that good or she hasn't been out of Thailand before.

My gf is (hopefully) coming this summer and she has already "told me" she want's to go to English classes!

Nick

Be careful mentioning that she will be studying during her stay in UK on VV applications. This caused a problem with Na's second VV a few years ago and had to have an endorsement placed in her passport restricting her to limited hours per week of study. I can't remember the figures for a VV (12 to 18 hrs per week?), but it could affect which visa is required.
    Jay and Na

Nice one thanks for the info guys, I think I will get my girlfriend on a course eventually, however what book or dvd would be worth its weight in gold in the meantime? Any ideas?