Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

I just got asked something which I really didn't feel sure about answering as I couldn't remember a similar situation. Basically someone who is going to Bangkok to teach in an international school (who I am assuming will take care of all visa/work permit issues) was asking about visas for his non-teaching partner. Is there any alternative to regular tourist visa runs?

If not, what would be the best way to cover a year's stay (ie the least number of visa runs possible)?
    Gordie T Geordie

I just got asked something which I really didn't feel sure about answering as I couldn't remember a similar situation. Basically someone who is going to Bangkok to teach in an international school (who I am assuming will take care of all visa/work permit issues) was asking about visas for his non-teaching partner. Is there any alternative to regular tourist visa runs?

If not, what would be the best way to cover a year's stay (ie the least number of visa runs possible)?
    Gordie T Geordie

I would think a 12 months Non-O from Hull. 90 day visa runs and up to 15 months stay.
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Prenders's Avatar

I would think a 12 months Non-O from Hull. 90 day visa runs and up to 15 months stay.
    Spouse visa you got to be married to a Thai citizen.
    When you friend renews, he has got to show 40,000 baht monthly income.

Spouse visa you got to be married to a Thai citizen.
    I think GTG is asking about a visa for a non-working, non-Thai partner accompanying a working teacher in Thailand. A 12 months non-O would be fine. If it needs renewing after 15 months they'd have to come back to the UK and get another one from Hull.
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Bit late in relpying,

The main question is are legally married male and female couple.

If they are legally married male and female couple then the non-working spouse can piggy-back on the working spose's visa and I would sugggest that they discuss with the school for arrangements before arriving in BKK. This situation the visa can be extended in Bangkok no problem. (If doing this get the 3mth visa and extend in BKK)/

For other situations there is really no redress and you need to see what you can get from Hull or any of the other consultates. If lucky the 12 mth otherwise the tourist option.

One could always consider an education visa - i believe like the UK version open to abuse.
    Regards

Martin