Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Hello everyone, we have an appointment at the embassy on Friday to register the birth of our lovely daughter Anya but as we have never been there before. Can anyone give advice about parking and so on and what we might expect when we get there.

Thank you in advance

Lee

There are parking bays around the area. Best to get there with some time to spare and drive around the area. If for some reason you can't find a place you could park in Hyde Park which is about a ten minute walk away from the Embassy.

Registering births is done in the basement, which involves going down a flight of very steep stairs, so take care with the baby buggy. I assume you will be applying for a passport as well? If so make sure you have wet wipes with you as they take a finger print from the baby. The whole process will probably take about one hour.

Have a look at this thread
    aka Spud / aka MF

If you only live in North London then get the tube and save the hassle of parking.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

i agree with keith
    take the tube to gloucester rd and walk the 10 min to the embassy

Banned

Quite, parking close to the embassy is going to be difficult to find and expensive (metered bays).

Take the tube to Gloucester Road.
    Turn left out of the station and up to Cromwell road (traffic lights).
    Cross Cromwell Road and then turn right and cross Gloucester Road (or vice versa).
    Queensgate is the 4th road on the left (the Natural History Museum is on the far corner, if you go past this you have gone too far).
    The embassy is on the left as you walk up Queensgate toward the park, just after you have crossed Queens Gate Place.