Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: UK income tax

Alan David Morgan

i intend retiring to live permanently in Thailand with my wife at the age of 65, my wife is a Thai national with a permanent UK visa. I have sorted out my retirement visa to Thailand, but require advice from you permanent ex-pats out there re my pensions payable from the UK ??. Does the British government still take income tax when you live permanently outside the Uk ?? I intend to have all my pensions paid directly into my Thai bank account. Any advice appreciated.
    Alan Morgan.

Alan David Morgan

i intend retiring to live permanently in Thailand with my wife at the age of 65, my wife is a Thai national with a permanent UK visa. I have sorted out my retirement visa to Thailand, but require advice from you permanent ex-pats out there re my pensions payable from the UK ??. Does the British government still take income tax when you live permanently outside the Uk ?? I intend to have all my pensions paid directly into my Thai bank account. Any advice appreciated.
    Alan Morgan.

Alan David Morgan

Hello again, with reference to my question on UK Income Tax above, Having been passed arround 7 different H.M. Revenue offices i can now report as follows,:
    You must apply in writing to H.M. Revenue & Customs just prior to retirement,requesting your various pensions be paid 'Gross'because you intend living permanently abroad
    (non resident of UK)and attach this letter to form P85 from the tax office (or downloaded from the internet).
    If granted, the tax office notifies all your pension providers NOT to tax your pensions. If not granted you are taxed as if still living in UK.
    They inform me that as i have to inform the Thai authorities of my pensions in order to obtain the retirement visa, my application would most probably be granted, as the Thai authorities would be taking the income tax (from pensions ???)
    I post this for information purposes as i had no response to the above,But it raises a new question-has anyone come accross this Tax on pensionable income by the Thai authorities ??