Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Firstly, a big thank you to all the wise folk on this site. I have spent many a night finding the answers on here...... which amounted to 3 x VV and 1 x SV.

A brief history, my wife arrived in the UK in April this year after marrying in Thailand in March. We had previously had three VV over the past three years and felt it was time to make that commitment.

Now the little one is here, I would like to change her Thai passport to her married name. Is it a case of sending it off to the Thai Embassy in Birmingham?
    Also, any advise on gathering the relevant info for the FLR / ILR, I have started with the utility bills...

thanks
    Ade

Member สมาชิก

Firstly, a big thank you to all the wise folk on this site. I have spent many a night finding the answers on here...... which amounted to 3 x VV and 1 x SV.

A brief history, my wife arrived in the UK in April this year after marrying in Thailand in March. We had previously had three VV over the past three years and felt it was time to make that commitment.

Now the little one is here, I would like to change her Thai passport to her married name. Is it a case of sending it off to the Thai Embassy in Birmingham?
    Also, any advise on gathering the relevant info for the FLR / ILR, I have started with the utility bills...

thanks
    Ade

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ e.t.v's Avatar

basically its fill out the form send special delivery with a special delivery return envelope inside ,the fee and post to the Thai Embassy in London.

Ade2007,

Also you could wait until the next visit to Thailand and get it done at the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs, check what documents you will need to send or take with you though.

I would advise you look at the forms and requirements for FLR/ILR and Naturalisation as soon as you can, the information needed to complete them and the documents you will need to send with them and the costs that they "currently" involve. This should also be the case for all new Visa successes as there is nothing like being prepared for the next step. There are lots of posts on here about requirments so worthwhile doing a lot of searching.

Please bear in mind the importance of the "Englishness" test/course requirments that are now necessary with regard to ILR and Naturalisation, could save a last minute rush/panic knowing about these and being prepared. However in the next 2 years things the Government may further changethings, so always try to keep on the ball, I wouldn't expect them to make things easier or cheaper for yow, would be nice if they did though.

Good Luck and Congratulations on all the successes

Member สมาชิก

Thanks Ian and etv
    I will check out the Thai Embassy web site for the form.

The next step, FLR / ILR, I have read many links so far, and I'm sure there are many more to read. Life in the uk test, I bought this book last year to get a head start, and will hopefully be finding an ESOL course for after the summer.
    Changing names on the utility bills - so far BT have responded in writing suggesting its to much trouble for them, so they will be getting a nice letter or I will be changing supplier....

Member สมาชิก

Been checking out the Thai Embassy website, and its not very user friendly.
    Can someone help and post the link to the relevant form?
    The good wife's passport was new this year, so will it just be a case of a stamp in the passport showing both maiden and married names?
    thanks again for the help.
    Ade

Member สมาชิก

If her passport is E-Passport, it can not be amended. Please let her read information from this website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

http://www.consular.go.th/modules.ph...owpage&pid=194

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/e_passport_en.html English version
    http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/e_passport.html Thai version