Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Hi There,

I am sure this has been asked a million times, but now my wife has her 2 year residence permit (FLM) can she get NHS healthcare with out paying?

Also I note on the Home Office paperwork it says she cannot claim working tax credit or child tax credit? This presents a problem as the Inland Revenue demand that if you are married/living together Child tax credit claims must be in joint names.

Geting Merl's national insurance number next Monday - exactly as advised on this site - apply for tax credits and the Inland Revenue done the rest - cool!!

Thanks alot.
    All the best,
    Jon, Merl and Jack.

Debate is the best form of democracy...

Member สมาชิก

Hi There,

I am sure this has been asked a million times, but now my wife has her 2 year residence permit (FLM) can she get NHS healthcare with out paying?

Also I note on the Home Office paperwork it says she cannot claim working tax credit or child tax credit? This presents a problem as the Inland Revenue demand that if you are married/living together Child tax credit claims must be in joint names.

Geting Merl's national insurance number next Monday - exactly as advised on this site - apply for tax credits and the Inland Revenue done the rest - cool!!

Thanks alot.
    All the best,
    Jon, Merl and Jack.

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Jon, Merl and Jack:
    ... but now my wife has her 2 year residence permit ... can she get NHS healthcare with out paying?
    Yes.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    Stay home. Stay alert. Save lives.

Jon, the Tax Credits claim does need to be in joint names, you and your wife. You need to notify the Tax Credits office of the change of circumstance. Failure to notify the change of circumstance is a criminal offence!

The "No recourse to Public Funds" restriction on the visa? No problem, thanks to some "small print" in the Tax Credits legislation. That is, where one of a couple is not subject to immigration control .... such as a British Citizen .... you ... and the other is subject to immigration control ... your wife .... then for Tax Credits purposes only both are treated as not subject to immigration control. Hence a joint claim for Tax Credits is totally OK.

The legislation is in reg 3(2) Tax Credits (Immigration) Regulations 2003, as reinforced by para 6B of the Immigration Rules.

But Child Benefit! This is a single-claimant benefit and it is important that you remain the claimant for that. Your wife must not claim Child Benefit, at least until she has her ILR in a couple of years.
    John

Member สมาชิก

Thanks John/Tobias - pritty much as I thought I just wanted confirmation.

The Inland revenue cocked up my joint claim for tax credits - they have finally have got it right.!!!!

Thanks
    All the best,
    Jon, Merl and Jack.