Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Hi

Yesterday Nee passed her Citizenship test and will apply for Naturilisation around the 12th April which is when the 3 years in the UK criteria will be met.

Nee's son Max is on ILR and I believe has to be in the UK for a minimum of 2 years before he qualifies for Citizenship.
    Max will have been in the UK 2 years on 13th April 2008 which will be 25 days befor his 18th birthday. My question is; will he automatically qualify for citizenship as a minor or will he be required to sit the test?

Cheers

Colin

Hi

Yesterday Nee passed her Citizenship test and will apply for Naturilisation around the 12th April which is when the 3 years in the UK criteria will be met.

Nee's son Max is on ILR and I believe has to be in the UK for a minimum of 2 years before he qualifies for Citizenship.
    Max will have been in the UK 2 years on 13th April 2008 which will be 25 days befor his 18th birthday. My question is; will he automatically qualify for citizenship as a minor or will he be required to sit the test?

Cheers

Colin

Colin, actually if the application is made for British Citizenship before his 18th birthday then he will not be applying for Naturalisation. He will instead be applying for Registration as British, and accordingly, to answer your question, no he will not need to sit the Citizenship Test.

However were he to wait ... not recommended .... until after his 18th birthday before making the application, yes he would be applying for Naturalisation, and yes he would need to pass the Citizenship Test.

25 days before his 18th birthday. Lots of time! I know of someone whose application was posted literally 2 days before the 18th birthday, so it arrived at IND in Liverpool on the day before the 18th birthday. Application for Registration as British granted!
    John

Thanks John

Colin