Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

...same old story. They've been together for 5 years, very little love in the relationship, if any. Now she's decided to leave. Big age difference. She intitially said she'd settle for 15G but since talking to other Thais has now decided to take him to the cleaners. He owns a property ( in the UK ) that was his before their marriage plus whatever they have in the bank. He's retired, she works PT ( I think doesn't declare it ). Question...what is she legally entitled to please? Bearing in mind money has always been high on her agenda ( engagement ring dissapeared in the first year! ) I'm thinking she'll leave him with as little as she has to. Thanks for any advice.
    In hoc signo crucis vinces

...same old story. They've been together for 5 years, very little love in the relationship, if any. Now she's decided to leave. Big age difference. She intitially said she'd settle for 15G but since talking to other Thais has now decided to take him to the cleaners. He owns a property ( in the UK ) that was his before their marriage plus whatever they have in the bank. He's retired, she works PT ( I think doesn't declare it ). Question...what is she legally entitled to please? Bearing in mind money has always been high on her agenda ( engagement ring dissapeared in the first year! ) I'm thinking she'll leave him with as little as she has to. Thanks for any advice.

Originally posted by Casey Jones:
    Question...what is she legally entitled to please?
    Legally married under English law, as much as she can get from him (if that is her whim).
    Having been through this (with English wife) if she is determined to take him to the cleaners and wants it to go to court she could end up with everything, or nothing!!! Divorce is a messy business and I would say is difficult to forecast. There are many things that can come in to play, if one can prove adultery, abuse or anything else then that can work in favour of a larger payout.

The best advice I can give is tell him to get a lawyer and tell him everything (her not declaring her income for a start).

Good luck with this messy business I just pray that I do not go through it again.

Just so you know, my last wife and I decided to end things amicably and only ended up "arguing" over a dozen CD's .
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Old Hand มือเก่า

And report her and her employer to HMRC so they can be investigated. (I'm not vindictive, I just work for them )

if one can prove adultery, abuse or anything else then that can work in favour of a larger payout.
    I know you won't take this personally Gary,but that's absolute rubbish. Conduct is irrelevant in terms of any settlement or order,unless (possibly) there are children involved.

However,your advice for the friend to take legal advice is spot on. He must do that asap.

Originally posted by rolyshark:
    I know you won't take this personally Gary ...
    No worries Steve. Must have been in my bitter remembering stage when wrote that bit
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Thanks for the advice chaps. I'll pass it on.