Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Dual Nationality
    Please can anyone help advise on whether it is possible for a Thai spouse to have dual nationality?

My Thai wife who has has Permanent Leave to Remain status is considering taking the UK citizenship test but before doing so we just want to understand any Thai legal issues that could possibly arise.

Travelling with two Passports
    What is the best method of travelling if you have two passports for short visits as well as long stays?
    Could my wife leave and re-enter UK on a UK passport and enter and leave Thailand on a Thai passport as part of the same trip? Are there any benefits in doing this?

Children
    Me and my Thai wife want to start a family here in UK and later say 5 years time live permanently in Thailand. As such we would want our children to obtain Thai nationality without any difficulties. If possible we want our children to grow up with dual nationality and avoid lengthy and costly processes. I figure Thai citizenship can be more difficult to obtain than UK citizenship.

What would be the best way to achieve this, is it easier for my wife to give birth in Thailand and register the child at a family residence there and then bring the child back to UK? or should she give birth here in UK and register the child with a residence in Thailand through the Thai Embassy?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Luc

Rookie มือใหม่

Dual Nationality
    Please can anyone help advise on whether it is possible for a Thai spouse to have dual nationality?

My Thai wife who has has Permanent Leave to Remain status is considering taking the UK citizenship test but before doing so we just want to understand any Thai legal issues that could possibly arise.

Travelling with two Passports
    What is the best method of travelling if you have two passports for short visits as well as long stays?
    Could my wife leave and re-enter UK on a UK passport and enter and leave Thailand on a Thai passport as part of the same trip? Are there any benefits in doing this?

Children
    Me and my Thai wife want to start a family here in UK and later say 5 years time live permanently in Thailand. As such we would want our children to obtain Thai nationality without any difficulties. If possible we want our children to grow up with dual nationality and avoid lengthy and costly processes. I figure Thai citizenship can be more difficult to obtain than UK citizenship.

What would be the best way to achieve this, is it easier for my wife to give birth in Thailand and register the child at a family residence there and then bring the child back to UK? or should she give birth here in UK and register the child with a residence in Thailand through the Thai Embassy?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Luc

Dual Nationality - Yes it is possible to hold both a UK and Thai passport.

Travelling with two passports - Yes, that can be done. For Thai passport holders, no visa required for long stays, shorter queues at Thai immigration, you may even be able to sneak in the same queue with her. Each time we've arrived in Thailand with the kids, we've all been ushered to the front of the Thai queue. Re-enter the UK with the UK passport and you benefit from shorter queues again.

Children born in the UK - No problem, see previous discussion: Dual Nationality
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Wan ( my wife ) has had dual nationality/passport for many years & has never encountered a probelm entering or leaving either Thailand or the UK.
    Natasha ( my daughter ) was born in the UK. We registered her birth at the Thai embassey & she also has joint nationality & both passports.
    Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
    In hoc signo crucis vinces