Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

I havent read it all but i will bet that the price will go up
    dont judge me by my past, I dont live there anymore.

David & Aree

I have not read it all either but have picked up a couple of pointers :-

• new legislation will not come into force until 2011, and the draft Bill is just that, a draft, which might be amended, possibly heavily amended
    • the current proposal is that for spouses/Civil Partners of a British Citizen the current qualification time of 3 years might change. That is, the 3 years will become 5 years ..... less 2 years if some voluntary work, as defined, is done. But also plus some time if there are any criminal convictions, the amount of the addition varying dependent upon the seriousness of the offence committed.

I think one thing is certain, that is, if someone is intending to applying for Naturalisation as British, do so as soon as you are time-qualified to do so. Certainly don't think, oh well I might get round to it one day ... apply as soon as you can ... before the goalposts are moved yet again.
    John

Member สมาชิก

I agree my wifes FLR expires in October we have 200 letters in her name plus mine at this address, plus she has passed Life/UK asap for us.

Once ILR is given that is.

In our case I would have to change jobs and move back to the Rat hole that used to be Great Britain on the off chance that we can get the processing done before the next rule change.

Thats not going to happen , what's confusing is that its probably easier to get French citizenship than British and I have always thought the French to be the more Xenophobic of the 2 countries. At least unlike Brown the French premier shows some taste in women.
    ash
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

So its easy Ash, your wife gets a French passport, then moves to the UK, exercising her EU Treaty Rights!

Seriously, how long would she have to live in France before she might qualify? She would presumably first need PR status .... 5 years .... then how long after that?
    John

Currently I think she can apply after 5 years but that assumes I can continue working in the same place and won't have to return to the UK beforehand. Either way she will exercise treaty rights when we return especially if the qualifying time under the immigration rules goes up to 5 years for spouses. (at least it will be free)
    ash
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Old Hand มือเก่า

if someone is intending to applying for Naturalisation as British, do so as soon as you are time-qualified to do so
    new legislation will not come into force until 2011

..... Thats good, gives us a few more years with Su doing this ESOL course, sure she will have passed by then Just taking a bit of time
    Sy n Su