Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Richard Doncaster

Hi Everyone

I am married here in Thailand and currently have a multiple entry ‘O’ visa, from the Consulate in Hull, and will be returning to the UK at the end of this month.

In March 2010 I will be 65 years young and want to make a claim for an increase in my UK state pension for my wife. The problem I am having is getting a National Insurance number for my wife, who has never been, and doesn’t want go, to the UK. All ‘phone calls I have made to the Pension Service and NINO people have been non committal/vague to downright not answering the question!! Typical Civil Service!!

So, is there anybody around who has made this claim successfully, either from here in Thailand or from the UK, and what papers/documents did you have to produce? If there is no problem to making the claim from here then I will apply for a ‘Retirement,’ long stay visa either later on this year or next. Otherwise it is a succession of long return flights three times a year, and I wouldn’t wish those on my worst enemy!!

Any and all advice will be gratefully received.

Cheers now.

Richard

Richard Doncaster

Hi Everyone

I am married here in Thailand and currently have a multiple entry ‘O’ visa, from the Consulate in Hull, and will be returning to the UK at the end of this month.

In March 2010 I will be 65 years young and want to make a claim for an increase in my UK state pension for my wife. The problem I am having is getting a National Insurance number for my wife, who has never been, and doesn’t want go, to the UK. All ‘phone calls I have made to the Pension Service and NINO people have been non committal/vague to downright not answering the question!! Typical Civil Service!!

So, is there anybody around who has made this claim successfully, either from here in Thailand or from the UK, and what papers/documents did you have to produce? If there is no problem to making the claim from here then I will apply for a ‘Retirement,’ long stay visa either later on this year or next. Otherwise it is a succession of long return flights three times a year, and I wouldn’t wish those on my worst enemy!!

Any and all advice will be gratefully received.

Cheers now.

Richard

Blog Entries

Richard, only those 'resident' in the UK are normally entitled to a National Insurance Number.

There are certain circumstances where those who are not resident are entitled to obtain an NINo but usually in respect to voluntary payments.

You should contact HMRC for assistance.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    Stay home. Stay alert. Save lives.

Hi Richard, I have a friend who lives in Jomtien, and has managed to get a pension for his wife, she has never been to the uk, it took him 18 months of wrangling with the pensions department, but she now gets £45 per week ontop of his pension. Dont know about the nino, I will ask next time I speak to him.
    dont judge me by my past, I dont live there anymore.

David & Aree

Member สมาชิก

I have just claimed my pension from UK and like you i am trying to find a way to be awarded a married mans pension, i am told it can be done from Thailand and the if you go to Thai visa forum you will find that people have succeeded in obtaining pension for there Thai wife living in Thailand

Richard Doncaster

Hi Everyone

Many thanks to you all for your messages. Will try again when I return UK. Good to know it can be done, even if it takes 18 months!!

Cheers now

Richard