Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Premium Member

I’m going to buy a copy of “Life in the United Kingdom: A Journey to Citizenship - 2nd Edition (2007)” so Kat can start to study in preparation for the test. I have also seen some study books that come with a CD-rom. My question is, has anyone used any of these CD-rom study aids, and are they any good? Having looked on the Internet some of these study aids get very mixed reviews, with some people saying that the CD-rom content of some publications, not having the same content as the official book.

Mark

Premium Member

I’m going to buy a copy of “Life in the United Kingdom: A Journey to Citizenship - 2nd Edition (2007)” so Kat can start to study in preparation for the test. I have also seen some study books that come with a CD-rom. My question is, has anyone used any of these CD-rom study aids, and are they any good? Having looked on the Internet some of these study aids get very mixed reviews, with some people saying that the CD-rom content of some publications, not having the same content as the official book.

Mark

Mark, my wife has been using a CD called Life in the UK Test by Lancaster & Coull it appears to be similar to the test but as we have been told by the test centre the only official thing to study from is the blue book you mentioned.

I believe it is helping Nok as she has not used a PC before and has taught her enough to do the tests although her understanding of English words is what is letting her down.

No doubt others will post their opinions for you.
    Gary
    Bye Bye EU Day 31st December 2020 (11 p.m.)

Mark, in addition, there are two books that are helpful as well. These are by Red Squirrell.
    Study Guide and Q & A links to Amazon for you.
    Gary
    Bye Bye EU Day 31st December 2020 (11 p.m.)

Premium Member

Thanks for that Gary.
    The reason for wanting a CD-rom, is to get Kat to use the computer. If it is helping Nok, then I think it would be a good idea for me to get a copy.

Thanks again
    Mark