Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Which single factor influences your choice the most?

Voters
180. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cost

0 0%
  • Speed (direct flight)

0 0%
  • In-Flight Entertainment (IFE)

0 0%
  • Comfort (legroom)

0 0%
  • Loyalty Programme

0 0%
  • Cabin crew (appearance, efficiency,etc)

0 0%
  • Quality of Service on board

0 0%
  • Quality of Food/drink

0 0%
  • Reliability

0 0%
  • Safety

0 0%
  • Departure Airport

0 0%
  • Other (please specify)

0 0%
  • 180 100.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Following on from the recent discussion . Would be interesting to see reasons for your choice too.

(Listed below in the order they came into my head)

Packpao

Following on from the recent discussion . Would be interesting to see reasons for your choice too.

(Listed below in the order they came into my head)

Packpao

I voted "other" as I fly Swiss if I can.
    Mark
    ควาย

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

Voted "Thai" as I travelled with them and joined their frequent-flyer programme.

In the future would travel with another airline, but only a direct flight.

Nick

Member สมาชิก
    Guildford, Surrey. UK./Sa Kaeow and Prachin Buri, Thailand

Hi, I voted EVA Air for the legroom and overall comfort as my top priority, and also the direct flight from LHR to BKK at a departure time that suits me down to the ground. Tried most of the others and found the worst was Royal Jordanian by a long way, poor interiors, poor food, poor service and worst of all, bad connection times and very poor hub airport in most respects.

I am off to LOS for a reunion with my wife soon (April) and will be trying Emirates via DXB to see what the new airport there is like and to try out their new Boeing 777-300ER's to compare them to EVA and Etihad's aircraft.

I won't try BA again until they drop their stupid new baggage charging rules!

All the best,

Dave.

TG for me & Dao as stated in the recent discussion
    colin 244

ok then, thai is popular and cost the biggest influence, seems a bit strange to me as thai are usually the last people to appear at the top of list with flight consolidators

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

not much of a poll me and the missus have voted for Qatar and it does not show
    Pronoia: The feeling that others are conspiring to help you!

Suggest you look again-I'd guess you're one (or two) of the three people that have voted for Qatar,as at the time of this post.

How much of the Thai vote is down to loving everything Thai and voting with the heart and not the head (or pocket in this case).
    I would love to say Thai but the reality is that they are (mostly) too expensive to use and the one that constently comes out top when asking for flights is Qatar.
    Yes it's a pain having a stop over (only 2 hours on most of my flights)and money no object would prefer direct flights but living in my world were cost is an issue Quatar wins hands down for everything I would want from a non-direct and cheap airline.
    Gary
    Independence Day 31st January 2020

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ chocolate-eater's Avatar

I was going to post the same sort of question as the OP on the other post so glad its been done here.

My one question is, is a short stop over better than direct. My friend seems to think so however I had a horror story after flying with Aeroflot and getting stuck in Moscow airport during the day of the tusami. Then the ageing plane was horrible and did not have any entertainment whatsoever.

I would not fly BA as I think they are rude and have very bad service. Now the baggage charge is stupid.

Thai was my choice on 2 occasions but they lack any sort of proper entertainment. I flew Eva at Christmas and was extremely annoyed at Heathrow checkin was not announced on the board and I was waiting around for ages then found out it was only manually announced. Not sure if this is an Eva issue or Heathrow issue and I am still trying to get an answer.

Think I would fly Eva again as they are good times for departure and the entertainment system is good.

Only ever flown in Economy and I can never sleep so much are same as each other.

Derren

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

Originally posted by Gary & Nok:
    How much of the Thai vote is down to loving everything Thai and voting with the heart and not the head (or pocket in this case).
    I would love to say Thai but the reality is that they are (mostly) too expensive to use and the one that constently comes out top when asking for flights is Qatar.
    I like Thai because they have direct flights, good times, the most legroom in economy and I can pre-book my seat. Overall I don't think they're much dearer.. maybe £100 if that?

Nick

I go for any direct flight. Granted that means at present travelling to Heathrow,but that is well worth it for me.

I get badly affected by take offs and landings as I have sinus damage and anything I can do to improve that is for the best. There is no point for me in saving £100 or so,if I can't hear or feel dizzy for the first 8-36 hours in LOS.

If BMI reinstated its link with China Airways to East Mids,I'd consider doing that again,as it's only 45 mins to Amsterdam,the flight is at a lower altitude and the timings mean there is sufficient recovery time at Schipol.

I voted Thai for that reason. However,I've flown with BA a good few times now and they have always been OK-bigger queues at check in though.

Member สมาชิก

The answers we're getting here are interesting to me because of the varying reports of different airlines. I tried BA one time myself and I have to say that it was the single worst experience of the lot. Poor service, expense, legroom and even the aircraft was in bad shape. I've just gone and return with Kuwait Air. The whole affair was very pleasant apart from the fact that the timetables on all legs of the journey were very flexible or should I say lies!! Oh well.....

For the last 15 years or so, I've always flown direct.

I did have a spell of flying EVA but their rewards program isn't the most generous. When they were flying jumbos, I really liked Evergreen Deluxe.

Last year I flew BA but wasn't that impressed. Service was so so. It was also around the time of the GateGourmet fiasco so food was non-existent! Also, I felt we got really strange looks from others (mostly Brits returning from Aus). Neither of us felt comfortable. But not the airlines fault I realise.

I have silver on Thai ROP but their cheaper seats tend to disappear very early (and I sometimes need the flexibility so can't benefit from cheaper fares). The 10 extra KG is nice though.

Will be giving Etihad a go for the first time next month. Have heard nothing but praise here.

Packpao

No takers for <STRIKE>Binman</STRIKE>Biman Bangladesh?

Packpao

Member สมาชิก

Can't say that I can remember ever having come across that one? Anyone?

Rob

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I also belive thai airways must be scoring so high because of peoples love of all things Thai .Ok if reason for favourite airline for flying direct I can understand but entertainmrnt and service not from my experience or even value for money .I think the staff are up them selves as they think they are so special being able to work for Thai airways .Thai airways is very hard to geta job for and largely based on who your family is and who u know .Qatar airways have thai staff which are very friendly and would be an asset to Thai airways .When you combine price and overall service entertainment and very good stop overs I would vote qatar best so far from my experiences .Qantas are good aslo ,but you get what u pay for so for me qatar airways always with all factors considered .I wish they had a frequent flyer programme though .

Old Hand มือเก่า

I've done the route to Thailand and NZ/Aus dozens of times now and hands down it would be Cathay Pacific and Singapore Airlines. BA aren't oustanding but I think they have the best overall package.

2 types of opinions over Thai - those that love them (rose tinted glasses?) and those that hate them. I know many Thais don't like them because they dislike the cabin staffs attitude.

I'm not sure what Packpao means about strange looks but most BA flights to BKK seem to carry a lot of Thais these days.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ Bryn&Mot's Avatar

I use Qatar airlines quite often, and I have to say that their cabin check-in, cabin service and in flight entertainment are fantastic, The legroom and so on are on par with any other airline that I have flown with,So you would think that Qatar gets my vote? nope.
    The overall winner has to be Etihad, Very similar service all round, but with the advantage of Brand new planes, mood lighting in the cabin, and a fantastic rewards programme, you can spend your miles as you can with other airlines to upgrade, but it has another advantage that is, you can use what ever amount of miles that you have, to offset the price of a seat, also they have an online shop where you can reddem your miles for goodies, these include Ipods, gold, all sorts of things, so if you only fly once with Etihad, and are a member of there rewards programme, then you have already qualified for some free goodies.
    And lastly the prices are between £360 and around £600.00 for xmas, all in all an airline that I would recomend to anyone, along with Qatar.
    I'm there
    Bryn