Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Hi All,

Can someone just clarify a point for me please. My wife is applying for FLR next month. Originally it would have been an ILR but the college misled us over the citizenship content(none) of the ESOL Course she has just completed.

On reviewing the FLR application it says the long list of documents required, 20 letter/utility bills etc, are only required by unmarried or same sex partners.

Am I reading this right or am I missing something?

Any advice welcome thank you.

Adam and Noi.

Hi All,

Can someone just clarify a point for me please. My wife is applying for FLR next month. Originally it would have been an ILR but the college misled us over the citizenship content(none) of the ESOL Course she has just completed.

On reviewing the FLR application it says the long list of documents required, 20 letter/utility bills etc, are only required by unmarried or same sex partners.

Am I reading this right or am I missing something?

Any advice welcome thank you.

Adam and Noi.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Good question, because I was looking at the form the other day in anticipation of advising someone in a similar situation, and I read it the same way.
    The FLR form is for use for someone to apply as a spouse, but I think it was envisaged only for people applying for the first time, i.e. perhaps people who came here on a fiance visa. Somebody wanting to apply as an unmarried partner would have to show 2 years of living together, thus Note 5 under Section 8c is specific to them.
    But you can't use the SET form for ILR, so it has to be this one. I don't think that they thought about what would happen to people who hadn't taken/passed the Life in the UK test, so they haven't made the form clear.
    If you look at the ILR form, Section 9 presumably applies to all applicants, whether spouses or civil/unmarried partners, but the notes refer only to "you and your partner". So that's badly worded too.
    Logic suggests that with your FLR application you submit as many documents as you can, if 4 x 5 as specified, all well and good, if not, you have a sound argument against them if they want to make an issue of it.

Member สมาชิก

The answer is YOU DO NOT need to send all those documents for an FLR to extend your Settlement visa... I know, as we did just this to make up the 2 month shortfall on her visa before applying for ILR... and this was in April/May.

So, you do not need to send all those documents in this case, save them for ILR....

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Thanks for that, well worth knowing

Thanks Keef and Lee

Adam.