Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Stourport on Severn + Suan Gluay, BanPong + Saphan Sung, BKK

Chang earned an impressive 90 points in The 2008 World Beer Championships and was awarded a gold medal in the Pale Lager Division with an "Exceptional" rating by the Beverage Testing Institute judges.

BTI uses a proprietary blind tasting methodology developed by America's premier independent alcohol beverage review body. Six months earlier, Chang received a gold medal in the Beers, Water & Soft Drinks category at the prestigious MONDE SELECTION Bruxelles - World Selection of Quality 2008 in Vienna, Austria.

John Lennon, president of Chang Beer U.S. importer International Beverage USA, is thrilled with Chang's continuous run of back-to-back gold on a world stage.

"I have been in the beer business for many years, and few beers have impressed me more than Chang," said Lennon. "Once again the experts have spoken and the gold goes to Chang. We couldn't be more proud of Chang's performance in these tough competitions. It is simply one of the world's finest tasting beers."

Singha beer also won gold with one point more.

What beer do you like in Thailand? I'm partial to a Guiness myself at the local Irish Bar if I can find one. But I tried Chang whilst away in Rayong recently and quite took to it, as much as I can to lager. Not my favourite tipple is lager.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Leo and Beer Lao for me

iam an season ticket holder at everton and they sell chang on draught in plastic pint pots,and it tastes like,well you can guess.
    i recently went to man city and they had singha on draught at £3.50 a pint and that didnt taste much better.

Singha for me.
    If you drop on a lucky case the alcohol content must be way above that declared
    Honour good men, be courteous to all men, bow down to none.

Cheers beer for me, but it seemed to get hard to come by last year, so Leo was the fall back.

Leo for me, Chang as back up. I don't get Singha since it went to 5%. I hate Chang in the UK at 5%, at least it's cheap here, when Singha is not.
    'Tis me

Chang is great in Thailand but not so good in the UK,i used to like singa gold a lot when it was sold,also archer beer is a nice tasting cheap option in los!!

Premium Member

Whilst in LOS from Dec 17 to Jan 4 i consumed many a bottle of leo. It was only when up in Phitchet that i had a session with the locals drinking Chang.I had a seriously bad head the next morning/afternoon when i woke up. Stuck to Leo after which was like drinking Lemonade in comparison,and i'm not that keen on Singha anymore.

Normally Singha,but I do like Chang. The other half doesn't like me drinking Chang though I suspect because it's cheaper!

That said,as long as it's cold and wet I'll drink it,although I'm not fond of Cheers.

Member สมาชิก

I prefer Chang from the choice of Thai beers, but I am now considering the hombrew route.

Dose anyone brew their own beer ?

archer beer is a nice tasting cheap option in los!!
    I must say, I agree with this. It is not found for sale in many bars, especially those frequented by foreigners. It is however found at most wholesalers, and shops in LOS.

The correct spelling is 'Archa', and it is a very palatable drink. It costs less than other Thai beers, and IMO is very nice. My next in preference is Lao beer, then Leo, Cheers, Chang, and very much in last place, Singha(too tangy).

Dave.

Member สมาชิก

Archa is indeed very cheap and a reasonable drink when served very cold. Alternatively when unavailable I choose to drink Chang.

I must admit when I lived in the UK I was a real ale drinker and had many good micro breweries nearby.

Does anything like this exist in Thailand ?

Does anything like this exist in Thailand ?
    I know of two microbreweries, both sell in-house only. Having patronised them on more than a couple of occasions, I'd say the beers produced couldn't compete with a quality real ale in the UK. I will, however, be honouring my pledge to continue sampling them just to be sure:

The Londoner Brew Pub, Sukhumvit 33, Bangkok[*]London Pilsner 33[*]Londoner's Pride Cream Bitter
    http://www.the-londoner.com/beer.aspx

Kronen Brauhaus, Pullman Hotel, Khon Kaen[*]Hell (Light) [*]Dunkel (Dark)
    http://kronenbrauhaus.com/html/beer.html

Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Blog Entries

Archa is my tipple at home, doesn't tend to make me fall asleep on the sofa as Chang nearly always does. Shame most bars over here don't sell it (a few do on the dark side in Pattaya if enough locals request it). One to be wary of in LOS is "Red Horse", has a label similar to Archa but not to be confused with it! Not seen it for sale in any bars, only supermarkets. I think the reason bars don't sell it is goes down really easily, doesn't taste strong, but is 6%+. The bars presumably don't want falangs used to Bud or Heiny getting wasted and punchy on it! Shame, its a good drink.

don't want falangs used to Bud or Heiny getting wasted
    Phil,

Probably more like they can up the prices for falang beer over local brews as most will go this route automatically

colin 244