Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ prikphet's Avatar

Yes I was trying to buy Bkk ticket from UK - I done it last year on Expedia with no problems.

Royal Jordanian are ok, I travel alot with work - I find if your flying Economy theres not much difference in any of them nowadays, all the differences are in businees / 1st.
    Although I wouldnt recommend China Eastern - however these are now in partnership with Singapore Airlines so maybe a turnaround there.

Member สมาชิก

Originally posted by ian canton:
    unrelated to the current topic of discussion, trailfinders is offering lhr-bkk-lhr for £389 inclusive (no credit card surcharges) for those who are willing to try royal jordanian. travel period is january to march.

http://flights.trailfinders.com/Economy/Bangkok

ian.
    for that price I would pay the 30 pounds more to fly with Gulf Air

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

last time i used royal jordanian i was stranded in amman due to fog for about 10 hours and the custmor service was appalling...... 1 sandwich after about 6 hours lying down on a bench

Originally posted by Tobias:
    Andy, nic was asking about buying a ticket BKK-LHR-BKK
    Sorry.... I wasn't paying attention... lol
    Andy
    Nothing ever Changes...but the shoes!

Hot news on Biman website "we are buying new planes" for delivery in a few years

Answer :- No I will still not buy or travel!
    colin 244

Member สมาชิก

Seen tickets around May return early june around 540 with BA LHR-BKK-LHR all in

Gulf Air have flights for £380.00 ex LHR for selected dates in April/May/June.

Gatwick - Thailand £399 return
    source: www.sundaymirror.co.uk (best deals) Mar 30 2008

£399 FLY to Thailand to celebrate their New Year (April 13 to 15). Return fares from Gatwick to Bangkok start at £399 for travel between April 1 and May 31.

Details: www.cheapflights.co.uk
    dont judge me by my past, I dont live there anymore.

David & Aree

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ JohnSwansea's Avatar

EVA air £475. Flights April - July BUTR all June flights taken and only a few remaining for May at this price.
    With airline network (whi niw have a new websiteEVA bargain

Old Hand มือเก่า

BA have Bangkok return for £539 Here
    That's presuming you don't mind traveling without your luggage
    Buy cheap, pay twice.

Old Hand มือเก่า

WestEast are showing good prices at present but it does not say if tax in or not but I thought all prices had to show.

They also have some flights on Malaysian via KL which having done the trip before is only a 2 hour stop over and KL airport is far better than some of the Middle Eastern ones.
    colin 244

WestEast are showing good prices at present but it does not say if tax in or not but I thought all prices had to show.
    If you're getting that from their web site,their flight offers page clearly states that prices are exclusive of taxes.
    Interesting to see if they change with the surcharges Thai have just introduced.

Just had a look a Qatar air from Manchester to BKK in september showing £500 all in. www.traveljungle.co.uk

Member สมาชิก

I have seen some quite low prices from Royal Jordanian on Airlinenetwork ...but i saw one of the planes on the runway a few Months ago at Heathrow and it looked hand painted!!! Has anyone traveled with them?

Hi

It's about 3 years since I went with Royal Jordanian but as far as I recall I had no qualms about the plane or the service.

Amman airport, their hub, is not the nicest airport by a long, long way and spending 4 hours there again is not a prospect that would encourage me to fly with them again. Small, poorly lit, unwelcoming and unentertaining, I can think of no good things to say about that terminal building.

Hope this helps

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ JohnSwansea's Avatar

I travelled with Royal Jordanian twice about 4 years ago, and had absolutely no problems with the plane. However, one did take off almost vertically (quite exciting) as at that time ( I was told) they were varying approaches to Amman for security reasons. but ditto the comments about the airport - had a couple of small items nicked from my luggage too.

Does anyone know what the current position is with regards to fuel surcharges?
    If you have booked and paid in full are you still subject to these?

I am just a bit worried as i have booked to go twice this year with wife and family.

if u've paid in full, then i'm pretty certain that u won't be asked to pay extra. i'm booked to go to montreal with air canada on friday and air canada announced an increase in fuel surcharge last week with immediate effect.

i've had no notification of any extra fuel surcharge to be paid (nor, after date of payment, have i ever had any extra fuel surcharge applied on any previous flight with any airline). although i'm no legal expert, i have a feeling that such a retrospective charge breaches the terms of the contract between u and the airline. the position regarding chartered flights and package holidays is not necessarily the same.

if government taxes (for example, uk air passenger duty) increase with an effective date between ticket payment and travel, then this is a different matter completely and the airline may choose to ask u to pay the difference at the check-in desk, since government taxes are outwith the control of the airline. fuel surcharges, on the other hand, are arbitrary and simply go into the pocket of the airline concerned.

ian.

Blog Entries

It really depends on the T&Cs you agreed to when booking. Often airlines do not pass on increases in the fuel surcharge after the ticket has been issued (and paid for). This often applies in some cases to increases in APD, taxes, passenger service charges et al.

If the airline was to charge this increase you would expect them to contact you well in advance of the date of travel to advise and to set out the legal basis for doing so.
    Tobias - โทเบียส