Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Hi all,

I have prepared most of my wife Nats ILR documents and have a few worries about getting the passport back in time. Nat got her visa on the 24th November and we came back to the U.K on the 29th so does this mean we apply for the ILR 4 weeks in advance minus the 5 days?

And another question is when Nat submits the application will it take long as we have flights booked for the 8th December and am worried she will not get her passport back in time ?

Any feedback appreciated

Hi all,

I have prepared most of my wife Nats ILR documents and have a few worries about getting the passport back in time. Nat got her visa on the 24th November and we came back to the U.K on the 29th so does this mean we apply for the ILR 4 weeks in advance minus the 5 days?

And another question is when Nat submits the application will it take long as we have flights booked for the 8th December and am worried she will not get her passport back in time ?

Any feedback appreciated

The application can be made no earlier than 28 days before the 2nd anniversary of arrival = 01.11.07 .... and no later than the date of expiry of the current visa = 24.11.07.

You are flying out on 8th December! I really would recommend that you spend another £200 and make an in-person application at a PEO. If you live in Rochdale I suspect the Liverpool PEO will be closest for you.

Making the application by post on 01.11.07 ..... well you might be OK .... but no guarantee .... so suggest you really do want a same-day service at the PEO.
    John

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Paul tee nung's Avatar

It took my wifes visa/passport 13 weeks to come back because i was never had enough evidence of our previous address. I would take John's advice and pay the extra and do it in person to gurantee your flights in december.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

My wifes took 30 days door to door and that was with no queries.

So, in theory if you have completed the application correctly and satisfied the conditions, you should be OK. BUT you really would be taking a gamble.

If you lost your flight it would be more expensive than the in person interview cost.

Lucky

Member สมาชิก

Hi Dave C,

We just did it in June this year. Sent application by SPECIAL DELIVERY on the 6th of June, got ILR granted and everything back on the 6th of July exactly a month but if you do need to use passport I think it's best to do as John advice just in case there is an unexpect delay.

Good luck for you both

Gary