Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Hi all,
    i've got a question abt Schengen visa applications. My girlfriend is currently here in the UK, on a v/v.

We have now found out that her friend is going to be visiting some relatives in Belgium in June. So, she would like to apply for a Shengen visa to visit her. But, i have just read that it is difficult to obtain the Shengen if you are already in the UK on a v/v.

Anyone had any experience of this? Or can tell me some more?

Cheers,
    Mal

Banned

One is supposed to apply to the embassy in one's country of residence.

The relevent page on the Belgian embassy's website says
    To meet the increasing demand, while maintaining high standards of service, the Embassy of Belgium opened its Visa Application Centre on 26 April 2007.

This service is available to all nationals residing in the UK.....
    (My emphasis)
    Whether they have discretionary powers to accept applications from visitors to the UK, I don't know. Perhaps you should contact the embassy?

Yeah, thanks Nick. i'm going to do that. i realise that the visa should be applied for in the country of residence...but like i said, we didn't know our friend was going to Belgium then

I'll try and make some enquires at the embassy

Cheers

Yes Mal I have. My fiancee is here on a v/v as her sister. The sister's boyfriend wanted to take her to Holland. So we did the research filled in the applications and set off to the VAC centre for Holland (just of Soho Sq, Tottenham Crt Rd). It also included Belgium and another country - can't remember. Anyhow you collect a ticket and wait until you are called. Bear in mind that after 15 applications visas granted they shut up shop. So arriving at 9.30 meant we waited approximately 2 hours to then be told they had reached the 'limit'.

They tried again, this time getting to the VAC at about 6.30 am. I don't know all the details but they left empty handed again. The person they were visiting in Holland had to provide 'evidence' along similar lines to a sponsor, even though she was travelling with her UK boyfriend. All a bit weird if you ask me.

The advice from the agent at the VAC was to get the Shengen from Thailand. They are now going to Wales instead.

My Ex girlfriend went to Italy to visit family whilst on a VV in the UK but applied at the Italian Embassy in Bangkok before she arrived in the UK. I think that's the only way.
    Mark
    ควาย