Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Can anyone advise any good vegetarian Thai recipes that would make good party food, other than spring rolls?

Old Hand มือเก่า

Aod makes deep fried vegetables with Thai tempura batter (Japanese brands are not as good). She uses Cauliflower, courgette, baby corn, broccoli and carrot. The brand of tempura flour we use is here. You can get it in many Thai and Chinese shops. It takes 2-3 minutes until the flour gets a golden colour on a high heat. Best to cook in several small batches in a wok.
    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are. - Anais Nin

I went through a stage a few months back of cutting down my meat intake and started to buy Quorn pieces.

[broken link]

I was very plesently surprised (as were my guests) with the results in meals like Garlic Pepper and Bai Kapow.

Hope this helps.
    Lee
    Lee

Pineapple fried rice?

I'm never sure whether vegetarian means they don't eat eggs,fish or shellfish

One of my veggie friends won't even eat meals cooked with fish sauce or cream then constantly asks to be taken to the local thai restaurants for lunch and wonders why there is no food on the menu he can eat

Deep fried rice noodles with a chilli sauce should work okay

ash
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Thai veggie food = fried eggs on rice!

However, the staff in the kitchen at work know I'm a veggie and do their best for me, but sometimes - like this morning - that simply involves picking the lumps of meat out of the veggies that go onto my plate.

And Dao used to a be a super star by cooking one lot of food with meat, and one lot - for me - without.

Perhaps that's the way to go? Lots of Pad Kapow? Dish up the same as the flesh-eaters get, but without the lumps of dead animals in it?