Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: State pension

Member สมาชิก

Default State pension

My wife YAO and I have been married for three and a half years she has a small part time cleaning job and has nat insurance No My only income is the state pension single person can I put in a clame for married couple pension we were married iin Thailand have not had wedding in UK What can I do Thanks

Bill.

Yes you can at present, and I am fairly sure they will backdate it to when you were entitled to claim i.e when you were 65, or since you were married. So, it could be a very nice lump, depending on how old you are.

As has been reported in another thread recently, the rules are changing next April (2010). There will be no entitlement to claim for a married couple's pension after then, but those already claiming will be paid until April 2020, so get a move on.

Dave.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Hi Bill
    other threads I have read, for persons living in Thailand, say that the claim is only backdated to when the application was made, as the claim takes a long time to sort out in Thailand, when the wife has no national insurance number. It may be different for a claim made here, Where you married prior to claiming your state pension? But as Dave points out the rules are changing next April, The closer I get to a pension the further they move the goal posts.

Member สมาชิก

Question Staate Pension

Thanks for your help, Pension people asked me if my wifehad accessto public funds as I had not cheked,I have now looked in her passport and it states no recourse to public funds would istill be able to put a claim in if granted would be for four years

Bill. At this moment in time, if your wife had never left the shores of Thailand, you would only have to obtain a N.I. no. for her, and you would be entitled to claim married couples pension. (Proof of marriage would be required.) Therefore any stamp in her passport is irrelevent . If she had never left Thailand, she wouldn't even have a passport, and you would still be entitled to claim.(Until next April.) One of my friends here in Thailand, in that position, has just had it backdated, also.

Don't forget, it is you who are claiming. Not her.

Dave.

Member สมาชิก

Default State Pension

What do I do now Is ther a web site I can download Claim forms.Whitch site and what forms I have original marrage
    Cert in Thi and English version Wife has nat insurance No

Hi Bill

I'm sure I have a link saved at the shop. I'll have a look in the morning and post it here. Failing that you could present yourself at the office at the bottom of Powrie Just kidding

Jack

This might be a place to start http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Pensions...ning/index.htm

Jack