Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: airfares

bigone

Default airfares

ok i am very confused,looking for flights to bkk in feb,why are flights more expensive when you
    book direct with the airline,then say travelsupermarket.com or ebookers etc,anybody know
    while this is ?

Default ru sure

sorry to be a doubter, but some of the sites may not include the extras, its not always the cheapest time of year

Quote Originally Posted by the gardener View Post
    sorry to be a doubter, but some of the sites may not include the extras, its not always the cheapest time of year
    I must agree with the gardener. The peak season in Thailand for tourists is Dec through to Feb, inclusive. This is when the weather is kindest to foreigners.

Dave.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the gardener View Post
    As implied above, what really p's me off is the now seemingly universal practise of quoting fares at very competitive rates, only to find the combined surcharges result in a completely different picture. I realise that certain components of the fare are beyond the control of the airlines and cannot be predetermined if booking some time ahead, but it seems that they will knowingly quote a price as xxx pounds/baht (+ fuel/tax etc) at a basic figure to get your interest, but at the end of the day it's the total price that matters to you. To my simple mind it's like going into your local chippie and looking at the menu and seeing "Haddock and chips £3.50 (plus variable surcharge according to the price of Mazola cooking oil and the going rate for electricity on the day)". Big con.

Cool

they are right the high season to come to the land of smiles.i got a email the other if you are in the uk look up sta travel.they have a sale too bkk.they offer student and everyone prices in the sale.good luck

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ chocolate-eater's Avatar

Agreed about flights being quoted are never available. This really is false advertising and once upon seeing a flight for about £350 (everything included - taxes etc) to bkk I phoned for price on certain dates in that time period quoted and the price was nearer £500. So I said about the £350 and they said not available on your dates. So I said I tell you what, whatever date the flight to bkk is for £350 I will take. He said in the end that there was nothing at that price so I said its false advertising. But who do you complain too; who will take it seriously?

Anyway yes mostly flights are more expensive with airlines for some strange reason, they claim to block sell them to agents so they do all the work and don't really want you coming direct.

Cheapest of course is going indirect. My friends went with Qatar and said it was a great flight, and a nice break half way only for an hour or so.

Try west east travel as they seem quite good and the sponsor on here are good also.

bigone

thanks to everybody who gave me some feedback