Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default British Citizen Application Form AN Questions

First of all, Happy New Year to you all. May all your visa and personal wishes come true!

We are finally getting round to filling out the Application for naturalisation as a British citizen on Form AN dated February 2009 and have a few questions. We would be grateful for any help please.

Using the forms numbering:

1.1Please give previous Immigration and Nationality Directorate or Border and Immigration Agency or UK Border Agency reference numbers
    Where would I find this?

1.5 Surname/family name
    We have always used my wife’s maiden name on other forms as this is what is shown in her Thai passport. Should we continue to do this as we would like her future UK passport to be in her married name?

2.1 absences from the UK
    We are well within the limit but when it states “total number of days absent” do you include the first and last day e.g. we flew to LOS on 4 March and arrived back late on the 14 March. Is this 10 or 11 days absent?

3.2 Are you an employee? Business partner? Self employed/A director?
    My wife is currently employed 2 days a week (this has until recently been her main form of income as she was working full time up until September), she acts as company secretary for my own business for which she is paid (from memory she is not listed as director though) and she has recently started to do some work from home (self employed-expected to be less than 10 hrs a week) which she intends to register with the tax office shortly. Which of these boxes do we tick and which names of business do we use –all (she hasn’t got one yet for her recently started home working). Is there a separate tax reference for each?

We intend to use the checking service but would like to get it as right as possible,

Thanks for everyone’s help.

James

2.1 Annex B: The residence requirements:
    2.2 Only whole days' absences should be counted (see s. 50(10)(b ) of the BNA 1981). The dates of departure and arrival are not to be counted as absences
    We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Hi James

I think I can answer two ....

1.1 Please give previous Immigration and Nationality Directorate or Border and Immigration Agency or UK Border Agency reference numbers
    Where would I find this?
    There should be a reference number on the letter that accompanied the granting of ILR and/or on the ILR vignette itself.

2.1 absences from the UK
    We are well within the limit but when it states “total number of days absent” do you include the first and last day e.g. we flew to LOS on 4 March and arrived back late on the 14 March. Is this 10 or 11 days absent?
    According to Vinny's link above, if you set foot on British soil on both the 4th and 14th March, then it is only 9 days!
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Quote Originally Posted by my-pen-write View Post
    1.5 Surname/family name
    We have always used my wife’s maiden name on other forms as this is what is shown in her Thai passport. Should we continue to do this as we would like her future UK passport to be in her married name?
    I am sure we used wife's maiden name here but was advised by the checking agency to change it to her married name (even though passport is in her maiden name). Looking at her certificate it is in her married (my) surname.

If you are using the checking agency (advisable) then they will tell you so just leave it blank until you see them. If not using the checking service then hopefully someone else can advise for definite.
    Independence Day 31st January 2020