Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default Visitor Visa - How early can an application be made?

We are looking to invite someone across to spend some time with us next year. Wife & daughter fly back to Thailand for two weeks in April to see friends & family and one of our Thai friends is looking to fly back with them and stay with us for around the full duration of a visitor visa.

We already booked the return flights for this end, but don't want to book the friend's flights until they have the visa granted. We don't want to leave things until the last minute and risk there being no available seats on the return flight, and, whilst we have plenty of time now, I was just wondering how much in advance you can apply for a VV. Obviously, it has to be granted, but assuming we get over that hurdle, we can then get on with making all the other arrangements.

Anyone have any ideas please?

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ sumrit's Avatar

You can ask for the visa to post dated up to a maximum of ninety days in advance.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Sumrit you can ask but to our cost they dont read when you require it . Two of our VV's were dated the day they OK'd, it not when we asked for it.

Melnathan

Surprisingly, ECB9.5 What if applicant is not intending to travel straight away to the UK:
    Where an applicant may not intend or be able to travel to the UK immediately following their application: the ECO has discretion to defer the 'effective' date for up to three months after entry clearance has been authorised. This does not apply to visit visas.
    We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ sumrit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Surprisingly, ECB9.5 What if applicant is not intending to travel straight away to the UK:Where an applicant may not intend or be able to travel to the UK immediately following their application: the ECO has discretion to defer the 'effective' date for up to three months after entry clearance has been authorised. This does not apply to visit visas.
    That's very interesting Vinny because while I was at the VFS office with my wife in March last year I was talking to another English guy when his g/f came out of the office saying she was too early to apply for her visit visa, and with what seemed like a standard letter stating the maximum a visa could be post dated was 90 days. They wanted to travel at the end of August but were applying early simply because they'd heard of the lengthening delays in issuing visas that that was happening at that time. She was told to go back at the beginning of June.

I actually read the letter that said you could only apply a maximum of ninety days ahead.

That's why it was surprising. Moreover, it apparently contradicts What will happen after I have made my application?:
    it is valid for the date on which you want to travel. (You can ask for it to be post-dated for up to three months if you do not plan to travel immediately).
    It should be possible for visitor visas to be post-dated for up to three months, at the applicants' request.
    We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.