Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by peterinkendal View Post
    4 hours??? wow you must live in the middle of the sahara desert. In 4 hours I could get to just about any airport in England
    No Deepest darkest Devon. Four hour drive to LHR maybe a bit qiucker by train depending on conections.
    Buy cheap, pay twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Nok View Post
    which countries do you go via
    Not IRAN or INDIA
    Before we start i bet there are some you who can get to Spain in a morning as well!!!!

Marching on Togather!!

[QUOTE=thailand bear;102762]Not IRAN or INDIA
    Before we start i bet there are some you who can get to Spain in a morning as well!!!!

Yep and hey Mr Bear I can get to Leeds in 2-3 hours as well Seriously though people forget the travel times and although my location is not far from the M25 it would take me 3 hours to get to LHR by train/tube or 1.5 hrs driving and Gatwick about the same so even if the Airport is close it does not cut the travel times.

colin 244

Can see Fish's point, stayed at Dawlish Warren and the trains seem like they are all overnighters, but with firm non-reclyning seats! Also took me 3 hours and considerable cost getting from Reading Station to Spring Street Station in Birmingham yesterday so anyone living any distance from any airport can have a massive time and cost increase on those lucky enough to be nearby or having access to a MegaBus!

Sums up UK travel then and I thought the powers that be wanted everyone on public transport (i.e. trains) Err Mr Government does not work i.e. how do you get to where you want to be?

colin 244

OK guys, humble pie eating time - asked the wife how much the bus from the ground floor of the airport costs to BKK central areas - 150 baht. Not surprised its so empty.

great idea s to have free stop overs....were staying 5 days in moscow next april also a few days in hong kong for third year running........may go BKK from HK via cebu or manila
    bangkok mags

Colin, a little known tip about getting to Heathrow from East London, or west essex is to take the central line or district line to ealing broadway and get an overground train to heathrow, much quicker and best of all no stairs to negotiate. This seems to be a route not generally offered by tfl.

peterinkendal.......................t/cs and oyster PAYG are not valid on the Heathrow Connect/Express. I have to say that most cheapskates use the tube. Still its cheaper than stanstead or gatwick. Maybe easybus will start services to heathrow.

Quote Originally Posted by the gardener View Post
    peterinkendal.......................t/cs and oyster PAYG are not valid on the Heathrow Connect/Express. I have to say that most cheapskates use the tube. Still its cheaper than stanstead or gatwick. Maybe easybus will start services to heathrow.
    Ahem...............cheapskates??? If arriving at Kings Cross its far simpler to walk to the tube (use the lift if you need to) and on to Heathrow. And.........there's a tube train every few minutes.

And from Liverpool St althought the time factor means better to risk the M25 & M4 by car which actually is marginally cheaper (BTW interesting fact taxi from my house in mid essex to LHR £80.00 )

colin 244

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

The best way around all these road and rail issues is to book a business class flight with Ethihad! They provide a chauffeur service within a 100 mile radius of either Manchester or Heathrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    The best way around all these road and rail issues is to book a business class flight with Ethihad! They provide a chauffeur service within a 100 mile radius of either Manchester or Heathrow.
    Hardly the point of this thread is it Mal?

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Yes but I was mainly talking about time and aggro as well as cost

colin 244

Quote Originally Posted by peterinkendal View Post
    4 hours??? wow you must live in the middle of the sahara desert. In 4 hours I could get to just about any airport in England
    Really? Ok then, my flight leaves Heathrow at 9.30pm - lets say check in time is 7.30pm. You set off from Cumbria at 3.30pm - let's see if you can meet me at check in at 7.30pm. The likelihood is that you will still be on the M6 around Birmingham at that time. The M6 is notorious for accidents and other traffic hold ups - I spend a lot of my time stuck in them.

From Leeds, driving like a maniac where possible and risking my licence in doing so, the best I've ever done the trip to Heathrow in during normal traffic times is around 5 hours and that's from Leeds!

ah, no......now moved into Lancashire, well someone has to teach the lancys how to talk proper. Maybe 190 miles from Heathrow. From Manchester, its a simple trip to Birmingham then hang a right onto the M40.

note to mods: can I change my id?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Hardly the point of this thread is it Mal?
    Quite! If you choose to fly Business Class I'm pretty sure the cost of getting to the airport will not be very high up the list of considerations.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

From Colins reply ,

"Yep and hey Mr Bear I can get to Leeds in 2-3 hours as well "
    Guys, as you can see the Leeds bit was directed at me!
    As there are Speed Cameras and Road Works every other mile, AI or MI making it impossible to get from Essex in those times i did not comment

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Quite! If you choose to fly Business Class I'm pretty sure the cost of getting to the airport will not be very high up the list of considerations.
    The irony seems to have been lost...

An old thread that needs reviving , Alamo do a one way car hire 'airport connect' to the airport starts at £49.