Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

RSS Feed Government plans reviews of immigration system

Immigration Minister Damian Green will confirm this evening that the government is to look at all immigration routes into the UK and set new rules.

Read full article ...

(This thread was generated automatically by Thailand-UK.com from the UKBA Residency RSS Feed)

alot of changes are going to happen soon.something 13 yrs of labour has forced upon us

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ N Barton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bristolgeoff View Post
    alot of changes are going to happen soon.something 13 yrs of labour has forced upon us
    But Geoff the Conservative Government believes Britain’s interests are best served by membership of a European Union, so its "same same" as the saying goes. It is immigration from fellow EU member Countries which needs looking at, and as an EU member freedom of movement would make this difficult

"It is immigration from fellow EU member Countries which needs looking at, and as an EU member freedom of movement would make this difficult "

not so it seems to the French :-)

Makes sense to me. I heard this on the news this morning and it mainly seemed to focus on the non-university 'colleges'. Many are nowt but fronts for scams and the disgrace is why the rise in such places had been tolerated over the term of the last Govt? Shouldn't be too hard to organise a co-ordinated blitz on these places by all interested parties (UKBA, Police, local govt and DWP) to sort the wheat from the chaff. All it needs is a competent UKBA to get its backside into gear rather than having Starsky & Hutch wannabe's wandering around with body armour and cuffs.

Having watched the recent episodes of UK Border Force my attitude towards the UK authorities attempts to tighten up on entry to the UK has changed somewhat - I now see a lot of what they are up against and I don't think any proposed changes will have much effect on UK citizens/residents wishing to bring their spouses to the UK.

Having said that, every time that some form of new measures are introduced, the visa fees seem to go up. It seems to me that legitimate visa applicants are having to pay for the scammers and fakers.

As others have said though, no matter how much tightening they do in relation to non EU migration, it will not cure the real problem which in my opinion is the out of balance EU migration situation.

Well it was obvious I was going to post on this thread

Nice to see a few fellow members have picked up the big fact that still appears to elude this (and the previous) government, and that is the uncontrolled immigration from within the EU.
    It does not matter what you do to the other avenues of immigration, you can not effectively control immigration if you can not control ALL immigration, I am afraid it is as simple as that.

And yes, probably yet another excuse to stick it to the fair and law abiding citizens who wish to bring family members here legally

What odds can I get that the visa fee will not rise

Out of interest on the BBC website it had a table which showed the numbers of non EU with the majority being India or Africa but also a large Asia section. My question is does LOS fall in the Oceana section (30,000 ish) i.e. Asia Pacific or in with all the other Asians which presumably is a majority of Pakistan?

colin 244

I agree with Gary. I you are going to fully control immigration, it means you MUST reduce the ability of people to marry and bring in foreigners. Hard luck on those of you who happen to want to marry a Thai. Good luck for Gary, though, as I presume he's already added to the toll of immigration that he believes so harms this country.

Ian

Hardly a justified argument Ian is it? I doubt the amount of foreign spouses that settle in the UK comes anywhere close to the amount of EU migrants that come here. Also, look at the reasons for coming here, for a spouse its to be with their husband/wife whereas I would suggest that the majority of those that come here from EU countries do so for purely economic reasons.

Ian, your sarcastic post is way off. If only you had bothered to read my post correctly you would see that my issue is with the EU immigration and that it is uncontrollable and I even say
    yet another excuse to stick it to the fair and law abiding citizens who wish to bring family members here legally
    but of course in your haste to make a mockery of my post you quite clearly missed that.

I have just found and read the whole speech.