Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Thanks for that Peter, I realised the the photo is held digitally in the passport - I was wondering if fingerprinting or iris scans had actually started.

There was some talk about this quite sometime ago, they may be putting this off until the ID cards arrive ... ...
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I got a confirmation letter this morning from the passport interview office,which stated that you will not get your passport the same day but will arrive a few days later as we need to make extra checks before we can issue your passport.

Contradictory to what an employee said when making an appointment in the first place.He said it would take between 7 to 10 days as i said earlier in the thread.

Banned

Default Iris Scan

I think it's retina scans, has been voluntary in Heathrow for some time - never used it though.

That's a completely separate thing, unconnected with passport applications, and anyone with ILR or a long-term visa can register, as well as British citizens.
    I've found it worth doing, as you don't have to join a queue to show your passport when arriving in the UK. Even when the arrivals hall at a place like Terminal 3 is heaving, there's rarely any queue at the Iris gate, and you're through in seconds.
    Still have to wait for your luggage, though.

My wifes a little on edge about the interview tomorrow.Were going through the most obvious(to me anyway)questions that may be asked.

She will be going to interview on her own for the first time without me being there whilst the questions are asked,so fingers crossed

Just make sure she knows everything that you wrote in the Passport application.Dates,addresses etc.
    Otherwise, as stated by someone earlier, they have never known anyone to fail this interview....and its hard to see how they could unless there were blatant discrepancies.
    Still you.ve come this far... so just a little bit of due diligence..and she.ll breeze through.
    Good Luck...no need to worry!

Quote Originally Posted by galahad View Post
    Just make sure she knows everything that you wrote in the Passport application.Dates,addresses etc.
    Otherwise, as stated by someone earlier, they have never known anyone to fail this interview....and its hard to see how they could unless there were blatant discrepancies.
    Still you.ve come this far... so just a little bit of due diligence..and she.ll breeze through.
    Good Luck...no need to worry!
    Cheers for that Galahad were going through as much info as possible that was on the passport application and hopefully she'll sail through it.

betcha she has a shiny new assport in her hand within 48 hours

Naughty

Quote Originally Posted by peterinkendal View Post
    betcha she has a shiny new assport in her hand within 48 hours
    Be careful Peter. You could get a forum holiday for that sort of comment.
    Dave.

Blog Entries

I think I'd better move this topic to the Departure Lounge
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Quote Originally Posted by ddwjg View Post
    Be careful Peter. You could get a forum holiday for that sort of comment.
    Dave.
    You'll have to watch your pee's and qu's peter especially the pee's.

Anyway the interview went great for her, and from what she was asked was everything that we went over the last couple of day's.Basically everything on the passport application has to be memorised as they can ask anything on it,so you've been warned,(as it stands at the moment)

Another couple in the waiting room of asian origin were also waiting for the interview(the wife was).The interview for the wife was cut short due to the fact that she could'nt speak English.I was trying to overhear the conversation and from what i made out another appointment had to be made.

How did this person get to the stage of a passport interview when you cant speak English?

Quote Originally Posted by macduff View Post
    You'll have to watch your pee's and qu's peter especially the pee's.

Anyway the interview went great for her, and from what she was asked was everything that we went over the last couple of day's.Basically everything on the passport application has to be memorised as they can ask anything on it,so you've been warned,(as it stands at the moment)

Another couple in the waiting room of asian origin were also waiting for the interview(the wife was).The interview for the wife was cut short due to the fact that she could'nt speak English.I was trying to overhear the conversation and from what i made out another appointment had to be made.

How did this person get to the stage of a passport interview when you cant speak English?
    lol, yeah.....

if you cannot speak english then an intrepreter can be assigned for you but this has to be done in advance. Sounds like she got her ilr from cohesion

While we were there there was a deaf/dumb man there who had a sign language intrepreter

Old Hand มือเก่า

Whilst I can understand why people may get flustered about these "first passport" interviews, ultimately the applicant is either a British citizen or they're not. No amount of questioning is either going to add or detract from their qualification, and if they are British, then a passport cannot be denied.

A while ago, a parliamentary question was asked of how many people have been refused a British citizen passport on the basis of a "first interview". The answer: none.