Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default Identity card for 15 year old

Can anyone point me in the right direction please. Our daughter turned 15 yesterday and we are wondering whether we have to visit the Thai Embassy in London to get her a Thai ID card or whether it will be okay to leave it until she goes back to Thailand in April next year. Em is conscious that if they were in Thailand now, there would be penalties if the ID card was not obtained within a certain time period, so is cautious about making the application in Thailand.

I believe that the Thai id cards are only issued in Thailand and not at the embassy.
    We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Thanks for the link Vinny, although I don't see any mention there of procedures when a Thai national is overseas. If this is the only way, then I guess we accept the fine and turn up in April, as there's no way we are flying to Thailand before mid-December just so our girl can pick up her id card.

Why don't you just phone the embassy for advice ?

Quote Originally Posted by David&Em View Post
    I don't see any mention there of procedures when a Thai national is overseas.
    Exactly. I don't think that there are any.
    We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Well, after calling the Embassy and getting answerphone or no help I resorted to e-mail. Three days elapsed to be informed that the Embassy does not do ID cards and that my daughter should get one as soon as she returns to Thailand. As she will be outside the 60 day limit there will be a fine of around 30 Baht, they say, and my 15 year old daughter will have a criminal record. The latter is a little hard to take I have to say.